Win Getaway and enjoy the best of beautiful La Jolla.
La Jolla, California – San Diego’s favorite coastal community – is a haven for foodies. Here’s your chance to dine in La Jolla’s best restaurants, sip great California wines, and sample some San Diego craft beer (without ever pulling out your wallet).
The winners will also be treated to a scenic helicopter flight along the San Diego coast and have plenty of time (between the great dining experiences) for walking on the beach, kayaking, shopping, soaking up the scenery and watching the sun set over the Pacific.
Lodging will be in a one- or two-bedroom coastal vacation rental home, which could include an ocean view, swimming pool, or hot tub. Most of these are pet-friendly.
Enjoy The Artisan Table experience at A. R. Valentien, the signature restaurant at the Lodge at Torrey Pines overlooking the renowned Torrey Pines Golf Course.
Also savor the flavors of Chef Daniel Barron’s New American cuisine at THE MED at La Valencia, La Jolla’s beautiful pink Spanish-style hotel (with an amazing ocean view).
Be the guest of award-winning Karl Strauss Brewing Company for a craft beer tasting, brewery tour and lunch or dinner for two.
HOW TO ENTER
- If you aren’t already subscribed to La Jolla Travel Information, enter your email address in the Subscribe box on the right and click on “Submit.” (If using an iPhone, this will be below, not on the right side.)
- Enter the capcha code as requested by FeedBurner.
- Important: activate your subscription by clicking on the link in the email you will receive from the site.
- In order to enter, your subscription must be active.
- Everyone – EVEN SUBSCRIBERS – needs to ANSWER ONE OF THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS in the comment box at the bottom of this article:
If you could dine anywhere in La Jolla, where would it be?
What is your favorite restaurant (anywhere in the world)?
For instance: Bar Tomo / Chicago
CAN’T FIND A PLACE TO LEAVE THE NAME OF YOUR FAVORITE RESTAURANT? SCREEN DOWN THROUGH THE COMMENTS OTHERS HAVE LEFT UNTIL YOU COME TO A BLANK FORM THAT SAYS “LEAVE A REPLY” - AND THEN WRITE THE NAME OF THE RESTAURANT AND CLICK “SUBMIT COMMENT.” THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE.
Your dining tip will be helpful to other travelers, but won’t impact your chance of winning this contest. The winner will be chosen in a random drawing.
WHAT THE GETAWAY INCLUDES:
The Delicious La Jolla Foodie Getaway includes:
- Two people for three nights in a one- or two-bedroom Sea Breeze Vacation Rental house ($900 value). Optional extra nights at 50% discount. Guests will receive a SeaBreeze VIP card for discounts on fun stuff around town – including snorkel, kayak or bike adventures. Most properties are pet friendly. Depending on availability, rental house may include ocean view, hot tub and/or swimming pool.
- A 45-minute scenic flight along the La Jolla coast with Icon Helicopters ($550 value).
- Cooking classes or shopping at Sur La Table La Jolla (two $79 gift cards, redeemable for one class for two people or two classes for one person). Gift cards can also be used for shopping online or shopping at any Sur La Table store.
- Dinner for two at THE MED at La Valencia Hotel ($100 gift card). Enjoy Chef Daniel Barron’s great food and a beautiful ocean view.
- Dinner for two at The Artisan Table at A. R. Valentien, The Lodge at Torrey Pines. (Valid on Thursdays.) Chat with chef and sommelier, as well as kindred spirits, over platters of superb farm-to-table food ($170 value).
- A meal (lunch or dinner) at Rubio’s in La Jolla (famous fish tacos, $35 gift card).
- Craft beer tasting, brewery tour and lunch or dinner for two at award-winning Karl Strauss Brewing Company in La Jolla ($50 gift card).
- One hour of personalized trip planning by Elizabeth Hansen – to ensure that your time in La Jolla will go smoothly ($75 value).
- An autographed copy of Food Lovers’ Guide to San Diego by Maria Montana. This is the best guide to San Diego’s food, wine, and beer scene.
SOMETHING TO THINK ABOUT:
The winner of the Delicious La Jolla Foodie Getaway has the option of enjoying the trip or transferring the prize. Wouldn’t this make a wonderful gift for someone special?
- The Delicious La Jolla Foodie Getaway excludes airfare and ground transportation.
- The prize is good for one year, but Christmas week 2013, New Year’s week 2013/2014, Easter week 2014, and Memorial Day to Labor Day 2014 are blackout periods
- Lodging, meals, the helicopter flight and cooking classes are subject to availability.
- The Karl Strauss gift card cannot be used for brewery tours Friday and Saturday 5-8pm.
- Artisan Table dining at A. R. Valentien is only possible on Thursday night and no substitution is available.
- The drawing will take place on December 17, 2013 and announced the following day.
- Entries must be submitted before midnight (Pacific Standard Time) December 16, 2013.
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
- Participants must be 21 years of age or older residing within or outside of the United States.
- Winner will be drawn at random by computer and notified by the email you used to subscribe to this website.
- Only one entry per person please (leave only one comment below).